Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Once again it is Thankful Thursday. Today, I am taking a moment to consider the things I have to be grateful for. Gratitude every day is important, not just while writing Thankful Thursdays post. Okay, I am thankful for......
Ahhhh...the weather I am thankful for the rain God has provided for us because it is doing the garden wonders. I may have to weed again after all this rain but, the plants are healthy and growing. I can't wait for those fresh veggies! The cooler than normal temps temps have been nice too. It may not be exactly swimming weather but being cooler means we don't have to run our central air conditioning as we can be comfortable with just the windows open. We don't like to run the air because it can be so costly.
Oh yes..I am so thankful for those giveaways from some of you other bloggers. I just found out I won a coupon for a free Tyson heat& eat product. Yaaay! These little things always help believe it or not!
Where would life be without those grandchildren...I am so thankful for all 5 of those little ones. There is something really special about being a grandma or a grandpa. We can spoil and treat the grandchildren more than parents seem to be allowed to. Today, I am thankful for the role my own grandparents played in my life. I miss them.
In my life I have made many mistakes. God has never forsaken me. I am thankful for a God who loves me despite my numerous flaws. There is no other love greater than Gods love. What an awesome God he is!
Life can be stressful and busy and sometimes its hard to remember some of the blessings we have in life. Please remember that even if you don't participate in Thankful Thursdays, be mindful and grateful for everything. You never know when it might be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment