Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
and 3 hours later.......
All overstock is on the shelves and neatly organized now. I can now find things when I need to. No more boxes and food on the floor. The room is small so it made it hard to get the full picture of the 3 bookcases top to bottom but, you get the general idea. I am pleased with the outcome!
Go to http://5minformom/ more tackle it Tuesdays!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I am thankful that accident prone me made it throught the week without any injuries. My toe is still sore but all and all not throbbing. There still seems to be some swelling and I am sure if I would just stay off my feet for a mere second that it would go down.
I am thankful for our dear friends Dale and Karma, they are back from Florida. It's nice to have someone to talk to during the day besides Sassy ( don't take this personally Sass, you are only a dog not a people) Dale and Karma are here everyday while some of our neighbors are only here on weekends.
I am thankful God hears my prayers and all his blessings he has given me. That God grants me the knowledge to handle what life gives me which is never more than we can handle, and keep me calm when that storm of life hits.
I have had some problems with some certain family members for the past year. I am so thankful for these people, with their acts of unkindness that no longer hurt me, and the pain that was there is now dissipating. I am trying so very hard not to hold on to the pain, the anger. It is theirs if they choose to keep it.
Ahhhh the weather, Some people complain but not me. It has been dreadfully hot and humid here this past week. Unless you are playing in the water, it has been too hot to do anything outside for any length of time. So for this I am thankful for air conditioning!
and a big thankyou for stopping by! Hope you have a blessed and thankful day!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
My tomatoes are so big! I can't wait for these! Yummmmm!
Do you see my little pepper?
I am thankful for our garden and for the bountiful veggies it has provided us and the veggies that it will provide us to come yet this summer!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I love warm weather! In the spring as soon as I can, I am opening my windows but, when summer gets here and it gets hot and humid, my little trailer gets hot! Hubby and I will hold out as long as we can then we have to run the good ole central air. Being as frugal as I am, I don't like to do that unless I really need to. Some ways I and you can too to stay cool and save energy costs are.......
1. avoid cooling rooms that are not occupied. In my house it is the small bedroom I use as my storage/stockpile room.
2. Use fans to make your air conditioners job easier. Fans, like your ceiling fan improve the circulation and cost only 1/10 as much to operate.
3 Raise your thermastat. We keep ours 78-80 degrees during the day. Every degree you raise your thermastat in the summer is savings. As said before, use fans for circulation.
4.I do my cooking, laundry and bathing in the early morning or late evenings if all possible. Eat more cold meals during the summer. We cook outside as much as possible and use the microwave more. Bake at night if you need to. I never use my dryer in the summer. I hang clothes outside. this is way more energy efficiant and green. They smell so good too.
5. Use lights sparingly. Turn lights off when not in use. Thats something we should do any time of year.
6. Whether its shades, drapes or awnings, sheild your windows from the hot sun. I have mini blinds I close to keep the house cooler. I find this makes a huge difference in its self.
7. Keep all windows and doors shut to keep the air conditioner operating more effienciantly
8.Did you know reflective white roofs cut energy costs 20%? White roofs help deflect the suns hot rays thus reducing the indoor temperature.We do not have this , although we have checked into this.
9.Sip lemonade and think cool thoughts....like how you'll be freezing next winter and longing for summertime again!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
MONDAY-grilled chicken , pea salad
TUESDAY- chicken and noodles, veggie
WEDNESDAY- beef stir fry, rice
THURSDAY- Eat out
FRIDAY- omelets, cottage cheese, blueberry muffins, fruit
SATURDAY-hot dogs on the grill, baked beans, root beer floats
SUNDAY- On our own
Be sure to visit http://orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas!
http://dailyessentialsanddeale.blogspot.com for the heads up on this deal! Keep in mind my
Meijer doubles coupons up to .50. Pair this deal up with MQ at http://www.malt-o-meal.com/special-offers/special-offers.php
and the buy 2 get 1 free MB
here .This makes 3 bags of cereal free plus .33 overage. Print the coupons twice by using your
browsers back button and snag yourself 6 free bags of cereal!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
We acquired this cute cabinet from our neighbors from across the road today. They offered it to us, they said if we didn't want it they were going to disassemble it so to speak.and that would be a shame.My storage solutions are solved! No more not knowing what I have or don't have because of having to dig through boxes and what not or not being able to get to my stockpile half of the time. Not only is this aggravating but can cost unnecessary money out of the pocket. One of my goals I promised myself this year was to get myself more organized. Not only do we have the bookcase we bought at the garage sale yesterday but, we have this really cute cabinet As you can see it has all this room underneath besides the 2 drawers. I love it! Plenty of room for my stockpiles. It is definitely what I need.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Free one pack of energizer batteries
Free one pack kozy shack product
Pepsi co products
Skippy peanut butter
Nestle Purina pet care
and unfortunately the list goes on...
Remember you can see the current whole list of counterfeit coupons at http://www.cents-off.com/body_coupon_counterfeiters.cfm# If you received a coupon in pdf or jpj form that you think its too good to be true; it most likely is. If you know it is fraudulent, throw it away immediately. Don't use it! Why risk the public embarrassment. Use common sense and honesty!
- Forget the idea that your husband should be like prince charming. Realize that he is just what God made him to be. A regular guy who is your companion through life. Remember that as an imperfect human being, your husband will sometimes fail you, but you can always count on God., for he is the only one who can truly provide strength, happiness, and security.
- Don't allow any family member to treat your husband disrespectfully. You should be the one to defend him to any family member that dishonors his place as your husband. Defend him to anyone who's being disrespectful in their talk about him. Love protects!
- Encourage alone time for him when it is possible. I let my husband go across the road to fish by himself or let him hang out with the other men. My husband likes this. He doesn't need me attached to his hip constantly.
- Thank him for the things he's done around the house ( it means alot to men) Regard him as important and let him know he is important to you.
- Tell him you love him often and pray for him to enjoy God's best in life!
- For more ways to love your husband check out Shannon over at http://mominin-thepeerreview.blogspot.com
Thursday, June 11, 2009
This is what I got at Walmart. Total: $35.35 Total OOP $5.60 Whoo Hoo! approx. 93% savings?
This is my Meijer shopping trip. As usual the 20 oz Mt. dew is missing because hubby drank it on the way home. He loves his mt. dew. Total: $40.82 Total OOP $15.51 A savings of approx. 57%?
and then this is what came in the mail today....
A big 4 lb bag of dog food! The 4 free mars candy coupons came from a lady in front of us in Meijer at the checkout who gave them to me. She got them and said to use them for the granddaughters that she didn't really need them. Wow! That was really nice of her!
Ahhhh...the weather I am thankful for the rain God has provided for us because it is doing the garden wonders. I may have to weed again after all this rain but, the plants are healthy and growing. I can't wait for those fresh veggies! The cooler than normal temps temps have been nice too. It may not be exactly swimming weather but being cooler means we don't have to run our central air conditioning as we can be comfortable with just the windows open. We don't like to run the air because it can be so costly.
Oh yes..I am so thankful for those giveaways from some of you other bloggers. I just found out I won a coupon for a free Tyson heat& eat product. Yaaay! These little things always help believe it or not!
Where would life be without those grandchildren...I am so thankful for all 5 of those little ones. There is something really special about being a grandma or a grandpa. We can spoil and treat the grandchildren more than parents seem to be allowed to. Today, I am thankful for the role my own grandparents played in my life. I miss them.
In my life I have made many mistakes. God has never forsaken me. I am thankful for a God who loves me despite my numerous flaws. There is no other love greater than Gods love. What an awesome God he is!
Life can be stressful and busy and sometimes its hard to remember some of the blessings we have in life. Please remember that even if you don't participate in Thankful Thursdays, be mindful and grateful for everything. You never know when it might be gone.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
This is after! I believe this looks alot better!
Monday, June 8, 2009
MONDAY- Blackberry pancakes
TUESDAY- Fresh bluegill
WEDNESDAY- Swiss steak
THURSDAY- Eating out
SATURDAY- Something really light and easy as we will be out all day at yard sales shopping!
Egg salad sandwiches
fresh strawberries and whipped cream
SUNDAY- On our own!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
I haven't posted about my CVS runs in awhile so here is my scenario for this week 6/7-13. This isn't as good as I usually do but, I will try to do better next week. The picture shows a 20 0z. mt. dew missing but that is because hubby drank it before I got the picture taken. Anyway, I started this week with 12 ecb's and ended up spending $8.75 for all 14 items and left with 18 ecb's. I am thinking I should have done more than 1 transaction instead and maybe having less oop. but, I have been a bit unorganized lately.
2 dawn dish soap 2/$2.00
2 dove deodorants 2/$5.00
2 dove body wash $14.00
1 dove shampoo $4.00
1 dove conditioner $4.00
1 crest pro health rinse$3.99
1 Gillette fusion razor $7.99
1 20oz mt dew $1.49
1 20 oz diet pepsi vanilla $1.49
2 vanilla frappachinos $5.78
TOTAL= $49.74 plus $2.29 tax = $52.03
I used $5/$20 cvs Q
$12.70 in MQ's
$13.58 left on my gift card
$1200 in ECB's
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
1. Always have a properly fitted life jacket( also known as a personal flotation device) on board for every passenger. Make sure that everyone who cannot swim ( especially children) wears a life jacket ( it is the law here in Indiana that all children under 13 year of age must wear a life jacket.
2 Never mix boating and alcohol!
3. Have emergency distress signals both visual and broadcast on board.
4. Know your boats capacity, and take care not to overload it.
5. On a pontoon, you are required to have a marine type fire extinguisher on board.
6. Realize that accidents occur from falling off boats as well as from unsafe driving.
7. Keep a constant eye on the weather. Know your water terrain. Approach docks or stationary objects slowly.
8. Learn about safety rules and get info on boating safety courses. A little knowledge goes along way. Learn how to be safe responsible boater and have fun.
Monday, June 1, 2009
My weekly menu planning is proving to be saving me money. It helps me use the items in my freezer and pantry that need used up and prevents the 5 pm "oh my goodness it is almost dinner time already and I have no idea what I'm going to cook" then follows " well we can go out for dinner. Sound familiar? With a menu, I not only save money, I have one less thing to think about in my busy day because I have already thought about it! For dinner this week is:
MONDAY- macaroni and cheese, sausage, green beans
TUESDAY- pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas
WEDNESDAY- creamy Italian chicken over pasta, http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotchicken/r/bl104c4.htm and roasted asparagus
THURSDAY- eat out night
FRIDAY- BBQ chicken, potato salad, German chocolate cake
SATURDAY- taco bar
SUNDAY- leftovers- on our own!
Check out http://orgjunkie.com as she hosts menu plan monday. She has some great posts for menu ideas