Sunday, July 26, 2009

A very busy and productive weekend

I had a very busy and productive weekend. We fished out on the lake and caught 21 total, 7-8" bluegill These are now all put away in the freezer. Hubby bought some fresh peaches at a roadside stand in town and so I baked a fresh peach pie. I haven't made one of these for awhile. It was so very yummy. Besides the peach pie I made a zucchini pie for the first time. ( I have loads of zucchini to use) I froze 2 quart bags of beets. baked 6 loaves of zucchini bread, 4 blueberry and 2 plain. These are also in the freezer for later use. I also canned 14 quarts of dill pickles as you can see in the picture. These will taste real good this winter. Tuesday I plan to can green beans. I won't be canning as much beans this year because I still have about 40 quarts left from last year.

1 comment: