Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things I love Thursday

It is Things I love Thursday and one of the things I love is my garden and lots of fresh veggies. This year my garden has gone wild on me. I suppose it has been the weather I really don't know. This is the first year we have had so many cucumbers. They have spread into the beans and peppers and tomatoes. I have made dill pickles and I will probably make some sweet pickles here soon, we eaten fresh about every meal and given oodles away . My beans are the same way. I Made dilly pickled beans, canned some,I've given oodles away. Zucchini and yellow crookneck, I always have tons of that! I have made bread, bread, bread, eaten sauteed and casseroles and even made a pie. My tomatoes are loaded and starting to ripen. They were as tall as I was 5 ft 2". They have since fallen over some. I am thinking from the weight of all the tomatoes. It looks to be a bumper crop of them also. I love my peppers and wish I would of had room to plant more of them because they are loaded both bell and sweet banana. One particular pepper plant has a huge bell pepper. It is supposed to be a red pepper but is still green, very firm and large. It is my pride of all my peppers and I refuse to pick it until I have to. It measures....... drum roll please.....14 1/2 inches around and 5 inches tall. Love it! That would make one heck of a stuffed pepper!


<>

No comments:

Post a Comment