Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just another day of fishing for bluegill

This was supposed to be a picture of our fish but, I goofed and had it on the setting for video. The 2 best ones are mine! I'm not bragging am I? Hee-Hee!

My hubby and I spent about 3 hours fishing out on the lake today. We took the pontoon and anchored it between the 2 willow trees by the shoreline. This is one of our favorite fishing spots. It has been a beautiful day today. I anticipated a nice mess of bluegill. However I knew even if we didn't catch any fish the time spent out on the boat was relaxing and worth it. We got out there.....I told hubby I was hoping to catch the first fish. I cast my line out. It wasn't even a mere minute a bluegill snagged my hook. A dandy it was and hungry too! I thought this is going to be a good day. I cast my line out again...Wham! another one! I thought ...this is going to be a very good day. 2 keepers in less than 2 minutes. I know if you catch 1 keeper, there are usually more where you caught that one. I was right because, we never moved the boat. We caught 11 bluegills that were keepers. We also caught a 12 inch bass, a few perch , several sunfish, and baby fish that we did not keep. I lost 3 really good sized bluegill. One of them broke my line and I lost him. The other 2 I lost by reeling them in too fast. I would just about get them reeled in to the boat and lost them. Pooh! It made me angry. Hubby told me not to rough them so much. So I will try. but, it will have to be tomorrow morning when we go out again. This time with my dad. Just another day of fishing for bluegill!

1 comment:

  1. Those sound yummy!

    If you ever get to many, send them my way!!!hahahah

    ReplyDelete