Sunday, March 15, 2009

My best friend

I am enjoying my Sunday. How about you? It sure makes a difference when the sun is shining bright and it is warm enough outside to be comfortable with just a sweatshirt. I am taking it easy at home doing much of nothing. I was thinking about my friend who lives a few houses down the road. I haven't seen her all winter. I wanted to go visit her but, found out today she had packed up her belongings and went to Indianapolis. Did I miss something? I thought for a moment it was just temporary like a visit, but, it is not. For those who don't know, this lady is a wonderful christian lady who inspired me so many ways. We shared likes, dislikes, interest, pursuits, and passion. Last year when I lost our 2 boys (cats) who were hit by a car, she was there for me. When I was sick, she was there for me. When I was looking for a job, she was there for me. When I didn't have a sewing machine or I needed repairs done, yes, she was there for me. We prayed together, had coffee together, one time, before my couponing days, hubby and I were struggling. Becky walked to our house with 4 large bags of food. She said she had prayed about it, and God wanted her to share with us, as, she had way more than she could ever use. Becky has dementia, she also has fribroidmyagia and a number of other ailments. She can not work and has tried for years to get disability. She finally got it this last fall. Because of her dementia mostly, and her financial struggle from not getting her disability, she was forced to have someone live with her and help with the bills some. She was going to lose her house if not doing so. Her daughter helped the best she could but, it was putting a financial strain on her.Becky having no choice had her daughter and son-in-law and 4 kids move in with her. Becky lives in a small double wide, so you can imagine how crowded it was. She lives in Indianapolis with her sister now. I am told she may not be back. Becky's daughter and her family have taken over her house. Something happened between Becky and her grandson. She got mad and packed her things and is now gone. I do not know all the details. I never got to say goodbye to my best friend. I will miss her terribly. We had a genuine friendship, true friendship involving action, doing something for someone else while expecting nothing in return. We shared thoughts, feelings, without fear of judgement or negative criticism. We are real friends, best friends. Encouraging one another where there has been offense. We have genuine friendship, supporting each other during times of struggle. I love my friend. No matter what, and I want the best for my friend Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment