Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gossip

This has been on my heart for some time now. Are you a gossip? I have done it. I think we have all struggled or done it some time in our lives. On my side family this past year there has been more gossip than carters got cod liver pills, and not to mention, I seen it so much when I used to work outside the home. So, this is why I have felt so lead to write about this subject. I have prayed about this so many times. So......here it goes... just a reminder really for all of us....Gossip destroys. Spreading rumors, false accusing, backbiting, busy bodies whatever you want to call it hurts others. Who is going to trust us with anything when they think we will tell everyone else? It tears people down! It produces nothing good in a persons life period! Gossip really only ends up creating greed, hate and envy, It is also a way we judge others, which really isn't our job. God is the judge of people, not us. I believe gossip is a sign that we are not really active in our faith and in our lives. If you think about it, the busier we are the less time we have to gossip. We gossip out of boredom. It may start as a simple conversation about people and then escalates quickly. Wow! haven't we all been there. The bible clearly tells us to do more than discuss other peoples lives. Levictus 19:16 " Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbors life. I am the Lord"(NIV) If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it! Period! I believe God doesn't like these things because of the motives behind them and the damage they do to others. These actions divide and give way to others sins as Christian's, our mouths are to be instruments of grace. We need to use ours graciously in speaking to others.

1 comment: