Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blah...Blah....Blah.....

Hows your weekend? For us , its been a busy day. To start the morning, my dad and sister stopped in for coffee. I didn't expect to see my sister, but was glad she came too and always, we enjoy having them over. We always say the door is always open at our house! Yea, and spending time with my dad is important to me. My hubby offered to make breakfast but, then backed out at the last minute.That's fine with me, bless his heart, he can cook but, I don't have to clean the mess now. Yep, where else would we go for breakfast, but to our most favorite restaurant,Village Kitchen for omelets and the best coffee in town. yummm! We stopped at our first garage sale of the season after we ate. I didn't buy nothing, But hubby found a couple of items. Went to meijers for some more cheap bread, Aunt Millies bread was on sale for 99 cents a loaf and I had coupons for 35 cents off. Our Meijers doubles coupons up to 50 cents so it made each loaf 29 cents. I didn't' need bread yet but, at that price I can just throw them in the freezer. I also stopped at kroger and was surprised to see they didn't carry anymore 4 roll pkgs of cottonelle toilet paper. How dare them! I hope this is just temporary because I enjoy getting those single 4 roll pkgs for next to nothing. UGH! Okay, The rest of the day was wonderful! My Step daughter, her boyfriend,and our 2 beautiful grandchildren came to see us. They live a ways, so we do not get to see them much. Reese and Dalton are growing up so fast. All Reese kept saying was" where are all the other girls"? So, My daughter came with Abby and Jocelyne. They didn't stay long, but it satisfied little Reese to see her cousins again. There were lots of kisses , hugs, and I love you's a perfect ending to this day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you!

    Talk about a party!

    I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

    Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to meet you, I whole heartedly agree I love when my husband cooks but not so much the cleaning up after him ;O)
    Love your blog, glad I stopped by from the UBP '09. It's so wonderful to meet new people. Enjoy the rest of the party and stop by if you get a chance!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a good weekend... and I'm with you, I would rather do the cooking myself and have far less mess to clean up!

    My Old Guy "cooked" dinner last night - just pot pies and left over steamed veggies, and I just can't understand why he has to dirty so much! I was washing dishes for an hour!

    Oh, how I miss garage sales and coupons, living here in Oz!

    ReplyDelete