Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I will be 53 years young tomorrow.While to some this doesn't seem old, to others including myself it is old. The older I get, the more I dislike birthdays. I would just rather well, forget them. So, this thankful Thursday I thought...what do I have to be thankful for? I am 53, my body aches all the time, I get fatigue rather easily and my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, my hair is graying faster and faster. I could go on and on. This can make anyone grouchy. Everyone knows some grumpy old men and women. We make excuses for them by saying "he is just set in his ways" or "she has gotten old enough where she has earned the right to be a grouch". But, truth be told, people don't like to be around grouches very much regardless of how old you are. Okay, I may have earned my right to be a grouch, but, people like to be around happy people period! So, as I turn the big 53 tomorrow, I will put on a giant sized smile because I am thankful for my friends ,and family that I can celebrate life. That I can share memories with friends, especially with family. I can celebrate each day as a gift. Growing old gracefully, about enjoying the life I have and being thankful for the things I have for the moment, and striving always to improve upon those things that I can improve on. Isn't that what it is all about? Birthdays, may I have lots of them! Be sure to check out Lynn over at spiritually unequal marriage for more thankful Thursday's.



<>

No comments:

Post a Comment