Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Sometimes some weeks can be hard financially, especially in the winter when DH is layed off. It seems the money is barely there to get through the week. I could go to work if I chose to, but, my age and with my back problems now, it limits me to what I could do. DH has never pushed me or expected me to work. We may not be wealthy and never will be. I am content living the simple frugal life and so is DH. We have a roof over our head, food on the table, the bills always somehow get paid. God watches over us and takes care of us. Sometimes what we wish for doesn't fall in our laps, rather it falls somewhere nearby and we have to recognize it, stand up, and put in the time and work it takes to get it. I suppose it's because we wouldn't appreciate it as much if it came too easy. Everyday I am thankful what we are blessed with. God has been so good to us. Stop for a moment and think about all the things in your life that are worth being thankful for and check out Lynn at spiritually unequal marriage. She is hosting thankful Thursday this week, and be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderfully simple, encouraging post. My heart resonates with your words, as we are also content to live simply. Not many people understand that, so it's nice to find like-minded people. :-)

    ReplyDelete