Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 1/17


Oh my! I weighed myself for the first time since the holidays. Gasp! I gained 5lbs! Statics say that this is typical amount of weight gain between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am guessing if you look at it this way, however for me 5lbs is 5lbs too many!I need to get back on the bandwagon again I worked too hard last year to shed this weight! after all, I got a skinny pair of jeans ( size smaller) for Christmas that I promised I would be able to get into by spring. This is my incentive anyway. Coming up with meals is hard when I want everything healthy, low calorie and the DH is well, unhealthy. This man could live on just hot dogs, bacon, bologna. Yes! he eats hot dogs for snack food, cold, right out of the refrigerator. Seriously, 1 lb. of hot dogs doesn't last the night. I am thinking nitrate overload! Anyways, I've come up with a menu we can both be satisfied with. Oh! and be sure to visit organizing junkie for more menu ideas and while you are there hook up with her.
MONDAY
omelets veggie for me)
raggedy Ann cinnamon chip muffins*
canned peaches
TUESDAY
macaroni and cheese
green beans
raisin bread pudding
WEDNESDAY
salmon with garlic butter sauce
brown rice
steamed broccoli
THURSDAY
chicken and noodles
butternut squash
FRIDAY
Happy Birthday To Me!
DH is taking me out!
SATURDAY
Swiss steak
mashed potatoes
green tossed salad
SUNDAY
Defend for ourselves!
Raggedy Ann Cinnamon Chip Muffins
These muffins are made with cinnamon baking chips. In the high heat of the oven. ( the oven is set to 425 degrees) the cinnamon chips melt leaving swirls of cinnamon through the muffins. With all that melted cinnamon, the tops are often roughen and ragged and hence the name Raggedy Ann cinnamon chip muffins. These are very good muffins.
This recipe makes 10 large, well domed muffins or 12 smaller ones.
2 lg. eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/3 cup whole rolled oats
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cinnamon chips
For the topping
2 tbls. sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin pan
Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl. Add the butter milk and vanilla. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients. Stir only until combined. Add the cinnamon chips. Drop the batter into the greased muffin cups. Mix the 2 tbls. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon together. Spoon the cinnamon sugar over the muffins. Place the muffin pan in the oven Immediately turn the temperature down to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Baking times will vary depending on how well your oven holds heat. Cool the muffins on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment