Friday, October 9, 2009

Grandparents Day


Today was a special day.Our grandaughter Jasmyne is almost 6 years old and in kindergarten.She invited her Mimi and Papa to grandparents day at school. Yep, my first grandparents day. Papa had to work and couldn't get out of it but Mimi went alone. Children kindergarten through the fifth grade sang and put on a skit for their grandparents. What fun! It was a joyful event. The gym was packed with smiles all around among grandparents and staff members. No one in the audience cared about whether the singing was on key or the words understandable. In fact if prideful beaming could produce energy there would be no need to light the gym today. It was remarkable. No performers have ever been more appreciated. Then there was the trip to the classroom of each grandchild. Jasmyne ran into my arms., so happy to have her Mimi there. She beamed and giggled and couldn't wait to show her Mimi everything from where she sits in class to her artwork posted on the walls. We also had cookies and punch together. Amazing! I cannot believe how much she has grown. What a joy to be there with her. I do not remember my grandparents being around at any of my school functions or my parents being there for my own kids school functions. But, then again, I don't ever remember grandparents day back then. I am glad I was there for Jasmyne and hope to be there for many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment