Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Giving to others in need will help you realize that you might have more to be thankful for than you think. Yesterday my Dad and I talked about what we could do to help my son who is living alone, no job, no vehicle ( his truck doesn't run and he doesn't have money to fix it) no food, no nothing really. I worry everyday about him alot. He never asks for help. I know depression when I see it as I was in depression once upon a time when I was with my first husband. I worry about his faith and have talked to him about our savior Jesus Christ and that God loves and cares about him, but my son feels alot of pain right now with no job, no money, and with a broken down truck, no way to find or get to a job. Does his father help him? not to my knowledge. With winter upon us, it doesn't help with the worries. I pray everyday for him as any mother would do. Okay, so everyone knows that Christmas is supposed to be about giving and not receiving., so, my Dad went through his pantry and freezer, my sister found a few items, my mom threw in some extras and hubby and I ourselves went through our pantry and freezer. We all gave a little bit of what we had extra of. We ended up with a very large box of food. We dropped off the box of food at my sons house today. I want to tell you how awesome this felt. I hugged my son and told him I loved him and with tears in my sons eyes he took the food with such gratefulness and I imagine after we left he had to have been crying because, I know I did. So, this Thankful Thursday I am thankful for my son I am so ever thankful that even though we struggle ourselves especially at this time of year, that I was able to share some food from my stockpile. I am thankful I have the ability through couponing, sales and sorts that I can achieve this stockpile. I am thankful that I have such a loving and caring husband who treats me with so much love.and who loves my children as his own. I don't have to worry about sinking into depression ever again. I am thankful for my heavenly father who loves me and I love him. For my sister, my dad, my mom and the contribution of their own stockpile. So, is anyone out there doing something special for someone in need lately? For me, this Thankful Thursday I will not forget. More than receiving gifts, the true meaning of Christmas is in sharing. It matters neither the grandeur nor the price tag of what you give for it's the thought that counts, that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment