Friday, November 6, 2009

Great Meijer shopping trip!

I went to Meijer tonight mainly to use my free Purina dog food coupons and to do the I can't believe its not butter sticks for cooking and baking deal. The deal is you buy 1- 16oz I can't believe its not butter sticks for cooking and baking for $2.19, use $1.00/1 coupon = $1.19. Buy one or more, get a $2.00 catalina on your next shopping order. This is a 71 cents money maker. Then the idea is take the $2.00 catalina to pay for next transaction and just keep rolling your catalinas. Somehow it didn't go as planned. I rang up 1 package I can't believe it's not butter, used my $1.00/1 coupon, paid $1.19 and no catalina spit out so being me I asked the cashier standing there why it didn't go through, because it supposed to. She checked on it by asking the manager and checking the machine. They agreed, that it should of went through. The manager politely told me she didn't know what happened but, they would get in touch with the company that puts the catalina out and instead of the catalina she would just give me the money instead in cash. Let's see, I had 4 packages of butter so they gave me $8.00. I rang up the rest of my purchases.......
2 Beneful wet dog food at $1.70 each 1- 4.5 lbs Purina chef michaels dry dog food $8.99, 3- I cant believe its not butter sticks $6.57, 1 can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup 58 cents, 1 can of Campbells cream of chicken soup 58 cents, 2- packets of gravy mixes $2.28 Total of $22.40 minus coupons totaling $13.19 = $9.21 plus 87 cents tax= $10.08. I gave the $8.00 they gave me and $2.08 of my own money. HA Ha and what spit out?.........Yep, a $2.00 catalina good on my next shopping order. Now, how good is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment