Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn days are here again

Do you enjoying the fall season? For me, fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the cooler temps, the smell of burning leaves aah! Summer ending can be very depressing for some. Not for me. although I have to admit I hate to see my garden go. We have enjoyed an abundance of fresh veggies from it this summer. The first day of autumn starts today. It's the day when the sun crosses the celestial equator moving southward, or as they say, the autumn fall equinox. Yes, it won't be long before the leaves will be changing. I have already noticed the daylight hours are already shortening. In the fall there is so many cool things to do and see. Some of the prettiest sunsets here on the lake have been in the fall, with milder temperatures with the heat lifting and the humidity lessening. The beautiful colors from the foliage...could you ask for anything better?Hubby says sometimes the best time to fish is in the fall. The fish either don't bite or they will bite like mad. As the water begins to cool in the fall, bluegill often move into shallower water more often, and midday fishing success improves. Unlike in the summer when morning and evening are the best times to fish. Yep, It is hard to believe summer has come and gone but, fall is a great time to enjoy the outdoors. So, enjoy the season and all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment