Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple crisp and Rice pudding recipe

I have been extremely busy this morning since I didn't get all these veggies and apples I accumulated yesterday done or even started. Since I didn't have room in the refrigerator for any of these, this was a task I needed and wanted to get done today. I froze 6 quarts of carrots. I saved a bunch for later use to use as fresh. I also made an *apple crisp with the apples and *rice pudding ( from scratch, hey what the heck, I was on a roll here) I froze 4 quart bags of green pepper and saved a few choice nice ones to make stuffed green peppers with .As for the 2 huge heads of cabbage, I'm still not sure what to as of yet. I have really felt blessed this week when it comes to food. I am so thankful! I thought I would share my *rice pudding and* apple crisp recipe. Enjoy!



*Apple crisp

Place in buttered 10x6x2 baking dish 4 cups sliced apples. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 cup water
Rub together 3/4 cup flour 1/3 cup butter, 1 cup sugar
Drop mixture over apples. Bake 350 degrees about 40 min. Serve warm with cream



*Rice pudding

1 cup white long grain rice
2- 1/2 cups water
Cook this in a rice steamer. If you don't have a steamer cook according to package directions in a saucepan.

In a large pan or dutch oven combine 4 cups whole milk ( I use 2%) 2 egg yolks ( whisk together with milk) 3/4 cup sugar, 4 Tbls. butter, 1/2 cup raisins, optional.

Simmer for about 10 min., stirring constantly until slightly thickened

Add 2 tsp. vanilla and juice of 1/2 lemon
----------------------------------------
Brown sugar and nutmeg on top
Pour into a 2 quart serving dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold. Keep leftovers in refrigerator.

Note: You do not bake the rice pudding in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment