Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Menu planning for me can be very frustrating at times. Sigh! Well, I have found this amazing site called supercook. You type in the ingredients that you have on hand and supercook does the rest by searching thousands of recipes to find the one that matches what you have on hand! This is a great resource and soooo easy to use. My menu planning is no longer a daunting task for me. You can check it out here.This is what I will be cooking at my house this week.







MONDAY


Broccoli Salad*


macaroni and cheese


BBQ meatballs



TUESDAY


Salsa chicken


corn cassarole



WEDNESDAY


salmon patties


potato soup*


apple sauce



THURSDAY



goulash (from last Saturday that didn't get made)


tossed green salad



FRIDAY


chili


whole wheat bread ( I make my own)



SATURDAY


ridiculously easy crockpot roast


potatoes and carrots ( in crockpot with the roast)


whole wheat bread ( what is left from Friday)



SUNDAY


We defend for ourselves on this day!






Stop by organizing junkie for more great menu ideas! Also check out my potato soup and broccoli salad recipe!



* Potato Soup



7 med potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 celery ribs, diced

1 med onion, chopped

1 quart water

4 tsp. chicken bouillon granules

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup flour

2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

In kettle, combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 min. or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender; cover and puree; set aside remaining potato mixture.To the same kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper, until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil; boil and stir until smooth, (2 min.) Return puree and potato mixture to pan and heat through.



Broccoli Salad

3 cups chopped broccoli (and or cauliflower also if have or want)

1 med. onion

1cup bacon pieces ( I use real bacon)

1 cup raisins ( dark and golden)

2 T balsam vinegar

1 cup mayo ( I use Hellman's lite)

1/2 cup sugar

mix all ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment