Thursday, May 13, 2010

Diet Plateau

As everyone knows, I have adopted a diet plan hoping to achieve weight loss and live a healthier lifestyle. I bid bye-bye to my old eating habits and given up many of my favorite foods in favor for healthier alternatives. My hard work paid off and I lost nearly 20 lbs! But, now it seems I've hit this diet plateau demon. For a few weeks now the scale hasn't moved an inch. Anyone who has ever been on a diet knows how discouraging it is. I have tried hard to try to not get disheartened. Today I decided to put on this shirt which I love but, have never been able to wear because of being waaay too tight. I couldn't bear to get rid of it because it is so darn cute. I couldn't believe it! The shirt fits me awesome with lots of room to spare! Okay, So I came up with this conclusion...A diet plateau can be discouraging and demotivating, but, don't give up! In my case, I have been exercising so much more and they do say muscle weighs more than fat. It's good to lose weight but, losing inches is great! I must be doing something right! I have made a commitment to live a healthy lifestyle, in return lose some pounds and so I will outsmart my metabolism and conquer the diet plateau!

2 comments:

  1. Cheering you on, I am dieting also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can also do the same, say bye-bye to my old eating habit and my favorite foods

    ReplyDelete