Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 4/11


We had a beautiful day yesterday, sunshine, warm and breezy. It sure does make it hard to stay in with weather like that! DH and I got alot done over the weekend. I spread some new mulch in my flower bed around my tulips, daffodils and hyacinths. DH got the patio cleaned up and cleaned the patio table and chairs. We spread mineral salt over our asparagus bed. Did you know this helps keep the grass down? and is actually beneficial for the asparagus? I had boxes and tubs filled with junk for the flea market this year , Memorial Day weekend. This was all taken out of the house and brought out to the trailer, ready to be hauled to the storage unit and flea market. I took down some of our storm windows and I am so glad I did as it got pretty warm yesterday and opening some of the windows was a must. As you can see, it was pretty busy around our household. I loved it! I hope your weekend was good as well. With the days a little brighter my meals get a little lighter for spring. Here is my menu for this week. Go ahead and visit organizing junkie for more menus.


MONDAY

goulash

Dr. Oz beet salad*


TUESDAY

taco salad

blueberry smoothies


WEDNESDAY

sauteed pierogies

kielbasa

steamed broccoli

strawberry pretzel salad


THURSDAY

out


FRIDAY

chicken and veggie stir fry w/ brown rice


SATURDAY


roasted brussel sprouts

Quinoa pilaf


SUNDAY

defend for ourselves


Dr. Oz beet salad*


ingredients


beets

olive oil

balsamic vinegar

garlic

salt

pepper

gorgonzola cheese


Directions


Boil the beets until they become tender. Pull off the skin under cold running water. Chop them and toss lightly with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper. Crumble gorgonzola cheese on top for extra flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment