Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I miss you guys so much. I just had to try to write a posting. Thank you so much to all of you for all of your prayers. I feel a bit better although I am so limited to what I can do. DH still has to help me dress and bathe in the morning. I can walk with a cane. Mornings seem to be very rough for me. My back spasms are leaving and few and far between now. They say once you injure your back all it takes is maybe a sharp turn or bend to cause spasms. Its natures way to repair the muscles. I am taking 1- 250 mg magnesium supplement every day which supposed to help nerve and muscle function as well as 2- 400 mg of Valerian to relax my muscles at night. Applying heat with a heating pad as well. I haven't been to a doctor yet nor a chiropractor but by the end of this week if I do not get significantly better I will be making a chiropractor appointment. I have improved though. Anyways DH has been doing the cooking. Our pantry and fridge was getting a bit bare. I was finally able to get some groceries. It was getting a bit difficult to come up with anything easy to prepare that DH could prepare. His idea on easy is Mc Donalds , Taco Bell or carry out from our favorite restaurant and that is not very frugal and got to be very pricey. I kept thinking of all the food I could buy with what he spent on 2 meals for us from the restaurant. I mean it was literally driving me crazy so, we now with actual food in the house we can make easy, frugal meals without spending a fortune and I must say taste way much better and healthier too. So the menu this week at my house with my DH cooking looks like this and then be sure to check here for more meal ideas.


Monday- cube steak, mashed potatoes, peas


Tuesday- Baked chicken stuffed with wild rice, tossed green salad ( lettuce, avocado, cucumber and tomato)


Wednesday- Beef stew ( in crock pot), homemade bread ( using frozen bread dough to make it easier for DH)


Thursday- Pizza ( 1/2 veggie for me and 1/2 with meat for DH)


Friday- sloppy joe sandwiches, celery and carrot sticks, fresh fruit or tapioca pudding


Saturday- leftovers


Sunday On our own ( whatever DH fixes me)

No comments:

Post a Comment